Last weekend Nate and I got the awesome opportunity to watch the Nelson kids while their parents were out of town for a couple days. They are the coolest kids ever, but we had our hands full!! We went to the pool on Saturday, Nate took some of the kids to go see Space Chimps, we watched all 3 Spiderman movies, Nate and I played "You smell like........(fill in the blank)" with Hunter, I haven't laughed so hard the whole time we were there. We had so much fun the whole weekend, and without any major incident. I'm even more proud to say that our marriage survived the weekend (I did stress out once when a certain two year old got into the kitty litter). But we made it through. Candice asked us if we're ready to have 7 kids and I do have to say, if I had 7 kids like the Nelsons I would totally do it. They are the neatest kids and we are so sad to be moving away from them. The best part about it all was when Ryan and Candice got home and Lucee came to me over her mom. That totally made my day. I'm sure that was just a fluke thing but I loved it. This picture was taken just before we took off to the swimming pool. My favorite is the way Lucee is looking at Nate. It pretty much described their relationship for the first couple days. She warmed up to him by the time we left. We had so much fun and we just love the Nelsons!
1 comment:
Oh, think of all the wisdom you have gained by hanging with me and my crew-hehehe. Your future kids won't have a chance! Thanks again for letting us have a break. It was fantastic. I love when I can leave my kids with trusted folks. I didn't fret for one minute that things were not totally under control here on the homefront (sorry about the kitty liter...that seems to be a "phase" of her's...gross). You two are the greatest. I wish you the best and you better keep in touch!!!
Post a Comment